Are you looking for options that fit around the children?
Are you wondering how others do it?
Are you sceptic about flexible working options in your field?
Trust me it really is possible to find something that will work for you and your family, perhaps not today, but some day you will, many working mums have gone before you and we are here to share their experiences.
We also love to hear your stories and invite you to share resources that are valuable to you. Just contact us
Types of flexible working
There are many ways of working flexibly. Usually flexible working is considered as everything that isn’t full-time 9-5.
This could include:
- Reduced hours
- Term Time
- Job Sharing
- Remote working
- Compressed hours
If you would like some more inspiration on what type of flexible hours might suit you, do have a look on all the types of flexible working, and their description on Business Link
Information and advice for working mums
- British mummy bloggers – loads of fun and interesting blogs from working and non-working mums, to read or to add your own blog
- Working families – charity on work-life balance, offer resources on tax, maternity leave and just lots of advice and support for working mums and dads, also help-line for maternity discrimination
- Suite101 – good quality articles and blogs on a wide range of topics including ‘Partners and parenting’ and ‘Working mothers’
- Kintish – networking tips for women
- MotheratWork – webzine for working mums, good lists of information and useful articles
- Mothers who work – website with advice and articles for mumpreneurs and working mums, working mumsblogs and mumpreneur directory
- Families Work – childcare search, emergency childcare, maternity coaching, parent workshops and talent management. Focus on corporate and media sector.
- GirlyGeekdom – fun blogsite with lots of blogs for and by girly geeks
- Parental Choice – ‘one stop shop’ to help you make the right decision on your childcare needs and guide you through your legal rights before and after pregnancy, they offer services to: write your flexible work proposal, find your childcare and write your nanny contract
- Work from home wisdom – blogs, advice and workshops on working from home
- The Work Life Balance Workbook – to help you think through your priorities in life, by life coach Anna Meller
Recruitment agencies for flexible jobs
- Availexe– Management Consultancy that match consultants and projects, work can be done flexibly and from home, looking for experienced consultants in Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Change Management and Business Development. Operate UK wide
- Capability Jane – recruitment service for flexible jobs, aimed at experienced professional women, CV-writing service, coaching, re-launch your career workshop, main focus South East UK
- Careers City from We Are the City – job board for women, extra focus on flexible and part-time jobs, family friendly companies and trustee positions for relaunchers, London focus
- Sapphire partners – boutique head hunter with a strong focus on female talent for exec and non-exec positions, flexible working possible, based in London
- Tectre – training and recruitment organisation focused at the IT sector, offer soft-skills training for technical people, offer training and coaching to support women back to work in Science, Technology and Engineering
- Ten2Two – helps women find flexible and part-time jobs, based in Hertfordshire, job-reach to London
- Mumandworking – part-time job site, businesses for sale, career advice and tips for working mums
- Time wise jobs – job board for flexible work, main focus London (started by Women Like Us)
- Time wise recruitment – recruitment agency for part-time jobs, main focus London (started by Women Like Us)
- Working mums – connects mums and employers, offers full-time, part-time and work-from-home jobs, lists family friendly employers
- Work for Mums – on-line job board for network-marketing and franchise offers
- Jobs4Mothers – on-line job board for flexible work and franchise offers
- Jobs for mums – Online job boards with flexible, part-time and term time jobs
- Careerbuilder – regular job search site, good part-time section
- UKjobsnet.com – regular job search site, good part-time section
- UK job applications – regular job site, information about the hiring process and interview advice for the nation’s top employers. Direct links to job applications for each company.
- Workpond – Recruitment Service for flexible work – many roles suitable for experienced professional mums from a wide variety of professions and industries, mainly south-east