Find Part-time and Flexible jobs
Recruitment agencies and job boards
Increasingly, there are specialised recruitment agencies, job boards and websites for flexible and part-time jobs. Half of them have only launched recently, but it is worth having a look, they might just have the flexible job you have been waiting for!
- Capability Jane – recruitment service for flexible jobs, aimed at experienced professional women, CV-writing service, coaching, re-launch your career workshop, main focus South East UK
- Careers City from We Are the City – job board for women, extra focus on flexible and part-time jobs, family friendly companies and trustee positions for relaunchers, London focus
- Afina Recruitment – recruitment consultancy, specialising in flexible recruitment – London focus
- Sapphire partners – boutique head hunter with a strong focus on female talent for exec and non-exec positions, flexible working possible, based in London
- Tectre – training and recruitment organisation focused at the IT sector, offer soft-skills training for technical people, offer training and coaching to support women back to work in Science, Technology and Engineering
- Ten2Two – helps women find flexible and part-time jobs, based in Hertfordshire, job-reach to London
- Mumandworking – part-time job site, businesses for sale, career advice and tips for working mums
- Time wise jobs – job board for flexible work, main focus London (started by Women Like Us)
- Time wise recruitment – recruitment agency for part-time jobs, main focus London (started by Women Like Us)
- Working mums – connects mums and employers, offers full-time, part-time and work-from-home jobs, lists family friendly employers
- Work Clever – recruitment and resourcing agency, with a focus on flexible working, Derby, East-Midlands
- Work for Mums – on-line job board for network-marketing and franchise offers
- Jobs4Mothers – on line job board for flexible work and franchise offers, training and free resources – still building up
- careerbuilder – regular job search site, good part-time section
- UKjobsnet.com – regular job search site, good part-time section
- Sagent Recruitment – recruitment agency with a strong focus on female engineers, submit your CV or look at on-line vacancies
- Workpond – on line marketplace for flexible work, offer your skills or offer a job, free resources too, focus on IT-sector and small innovative businesses
- Where women work – offers jobs on-line, directly posted by organisations. Helps you research family-friendly companies
- Diversity Jobs, – upload your CV or search for jobs from employers that like to be the employer of choice for diverse staff.
Create your own flexible work
Part-time work at senior levels
Part-time jobs on offer seem to be primarily in teaching, nursing/medical and administration roles. In recent years financial roles have become more flexible as well. Salaries seem pre-dominantly under GBP 30,000 a year.
On the whole we were rather disappointed by the level and number of jobs on offer. We would love to know if we have missed a valuable resource that is of use to professionals, senior women and women leaders.
However, do not lose hope and confidence, part-time jobs are out there, in many sectors and at all levels. Check-out these: case-studies of women who found top part-time jobs from Women Like Us, recruitment agency for flexible work. They show women can get back after a long career-break, or find a job share or flexible position at a senior level.