If you offer services directly relevant to professional working mothers, we would be happy to publish one of your articles and share it with our social media audience.
The article must be relevant to working mums looking for inspiration, motivation/information and has to be well-written and offer good value information. We are not for profit but do require a small contribution to help keep our site running and to cover our admin costs.
Article writing guidelines
- Send your entry in Word
- 500 to max. 1000 words (In Word go to the tab: ‘Review’, Chose ‘Word count’). Some basic formatting is sufficient
- Attach a suitable large image (preferably in jpg-format at least 900 x 600px), with no copyrights
- Intellectual Property will be joint between you and Mum & Career. The article must be previously unpublished elsewhere on the internet.
Some writing tips
- Have a catchy title that entices people to read on. You might wish to use a phrase that people type in Google as a title this helps your article to be found (long-tail SEO)
- Use the first 1 or 2 sentences to give a good overview of what the article is about, as this will entice people to read on if they only see the first bit
- Use ‘chunky’ formatting: short and clear titles and sub-titles, bullet-points. People like this on the web, as they often quickly scan an article
- Increase the ‘content-value’ of your article by linking to tools, books, news, research or useful websites on the topic (maximum 5 per article)
Promoting yourself and/or your business
- If it fits the content of the article you can mention your business, products or services in the article. However extensive promotion is not allowed in the article.
- Make sure you mention you and your business, as well as a link to your website at the bottom of the article. In the following format: “Author: [your name] is a [fabulous, experienced, etc.] [your occupation or service] who is well-known for [her latest book] etc. [Find out more about [your name or your service]…on….[your website and link].” Two or three lines on you, your services or your business in something like this format is fine.
- Add an image of you and/or your logo for the ‘author’ blurb
Any topic relevant to an audience of professional working mums, related to work and childcare. For example…
- Returning to work, changing career
- Flexible working: starting your own business, working part-time, job-sharing
- Advice for busy working parents: finance, legal, outsourcing, food
- Women leaders: breaking the glass ceiling
- Real life stories/blogs to answer what we all want to know: ‘How does she do it?’ Write about your experiences, feelings, emotions, solutions and lessons learned.
Please note: We endeavour to publish an article within 48 hours, but definitely within a week after receiving the final draft.