Working from has lots going for it and many mums have chosen this kind of work setup so they can stay at home and be with their kids.
You have the best of both worlds and get quality time with your children while bringing some needed income to the family. However, working from home with little ones may not allow you to get a lot of work done, especially when they’re running around wide eyed when they should be having their morning nap!
In this article, we’ll provide you with ideas of cool toys that will keep your child distracted when you’re working from home.
These are our top picks:
- Colour Matching Game – A perfect game to keep your child busy while you’re doing your own thing. Using four colourful balls, they need to find the matching colour swatch. Even if you need to explain the game to them, they’ll pick it up pretty quickly as it’s simple to learn. What’s impressive with this toy game is that it will help them remember all the colours, which is a great way to learn.
- Shape Sorter – This toy is classic, and you have to admit, you probably enjoyed this toy in your childhood! Playing is easy and all your toddler has to do is to put the correct shape in the right hole. Your child will enjoy playing with this toy over and over again. You can even make a DIY shape sorter and come up with unique shapes that you want your child to play with.
- Puzzles – Puzzles are another classic, and so much fun to play with. These toys can keep them busy while you’re working. Puzzles can stimulate your child’s intellectual development, and completing them on their own will give them a sense of accomplishment. Once done, they can be framed and hung in their room too.
- Magnets on the fridge – Magnets are magical for children and they’ll never get tired of playing with magnetic toys. Gather some magnetic alphabet letters for your child to play. Ask them to stick these magnets on the refrigerator. They can form words and sentences and even arrange the magnets according to the colors.
- Tower building – Colourful cubes or blocks in different colours and sizes are great toys, too. They can use these cubes to build a tower on their own. There are several tower building toys you can buy online.
- Playdough – It’s one of the most effective toys to distract your child’s attention. Put the playdough on a tray and allow your kid to be creative. Playdough also strengthens you kid’s muscles and enhances his/her fine and gross motor skills.
- Race cars – Keep your child busy with race cars. These toys are easy to play with. You can make it more fun for your child by creating a race track using masking tape on the floor. This will make them feel like they’re really on a real race track!
- Board games – If your child is eight years old or older, board games are what you need to distract their attention while you’re working. Board games are especially fun if you have more than one child as they can play together.
- Lego Building Kit – Similar to cubes and blocks, a Lego building kit will also keep your kid occupied while you hustle. They can build an endless number of structures, from robots to airplanes to houses and even people! Your little one will never get bored.
- Mini Figurines – Figurines are sure to be a hit with young boys and girls who love to collect small toys. These figurines are ideal for children aged 9 to 14. Figurines are the perfect toys for pretend play, especially if you get them their favourite action and superhero figures.
Working from home can be a rewarding experience for most mums. However, it can be a challenge when you need to attend to your child’s needs while in the middle of something important. You don’t want to ignore or neglect your child, but you also can’t drop everything instantly. The toys listed above will help you get through your working day while keeping your child entertained and happy.
We’d love to hear what your children’s favourite toys are – comment below.